Freitag, 19. Oktober 2012

compile android 4.x on a 32-bit environment

Compiling Android from the sources should be the basis for your own modifications / improvements the the Android system. Unfortunately Google removed 32-bit support with Gingerbread (Android 2.3), but nevertheless with some minor modifications to the build scripts it was still possible to build on 32-bit Linux systems. When I got my Nexus 7, I intended to compile the Jelly Bean sources, but unfortunately I still have a 32-bit OpenSuse Linux machine and compilation failed. I dearched the web, but the only answers I could get were: "you need a 64-bit environment", "yopu need to buy a new machine", ... I was very disappointed, but then I found Yath's project on Github. Following his instructions compiling Jelly Bean on a 32-bit Linux machine is still possible and I can wait soem additional months to buy a new machine ... ;-)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen